Did you know that Macadamian Nuts are considered to be the world’s finest nuts? They are a great source of Vitamin A, iron, protein and more. I just love these nuts and hadn’t really thought about using them when baking or making sweets. I have had chocolate covered Macadamin Nuts though!
Today I want to share an easy-to-follow recipe with you courtesy of COOKINA and Celebrity Chef George Duran for some Salted Macadamian Nut Brittle.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light - colored corn syrup
- 1½ cups lightly toasted and crushed Macadamian nuts
- ½ tsp. Felur de Sel or coarse salt
- Combine the sugar and corn syrup in a heavy bottomed pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sugar has dissolved. Turn the heat up to high and cook until the bubbles get smaller and the mixture turns a light amber color, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the nuts and cook for 1 more minute. Quickly pour the mixture onto a baking pan lined with a COOKINA® Cuisine sheet and spread it out evenly with a spatula or wooden spoon. Sprinkle salt throughout before mixture cools.
- Let cool and break into pieces.
For those that love peanut brittle, you are really going to enjoy this recipe!